Your Privacy | Our Reputation
Calm Radio is committed to respecting your privacy. We will not sell or disclose any information that identifies you to a third party unrelated to our business operations. Calm Radio works hard to protect your personal and financial information.
Information We Collect and Why
- Personal information: for log in access, communication, and account management, i.e. name and email. We may share de-identified tracking information with advertisers when we offer a free service.
- Personal information to or from a third party: If you log in using credentials from a Third Party Application (i.e. social media application), you authorise us to collect any authentication information required, such as your email and encrypted token credentials. We may also collect other information made available on or through your Third Party Application account, including: your name, profile picture, country, hometown, email address, date of birth, gender, friends’ names, photos, and networks. This information is needed for you to access your account across platforms or third-party applications.
- Billing and payment information: For members with a paid subscription, additional information for processing your payment may be required, i.e. billing address, credit card information and/or PayPal account.
- Technical data: i.e. URL information, type of device, browser type and version, operating system version, Unique Device ID or Identifiers, IP address, location information, network connection, and language:
- to improve or customize user experience
- to ensure quality control and that our services work as intended
- to provide information to develop new services
- for site security and information protection
- Listening behaviour data: we record the channels you may have added to “Favourites”, as well as the channels you may have previously listened to in order to improve your user experience and also to suggest similar channels you may like and/or to send you relevant emails (if subscribed).
How is this information collected?
Your raw credit card information is never stored on our site and can never be seen by Calm Radio or any of its employees. Credit Card data is always sent by SSL encryption and stored with our PCI Level 1 Secure Merchant Processor. Any subsequent recurring billing orders will be generated via tokenization from the Merchant Processor.
If you choose PayPal as your merchant processor, your financial information (i.e. credit card) is stored with PayPal only. Calm Radio does not have access to your credit card or financial information.
For legal reasons, we are required to store any contractual/transaction history or purchases you have made with Calm Radio. If you have not made any purchases with Calm Radio, we can delete your user profile upon your request.
Updating and Managing Your Information
- Your Account Information: You can view and edit most details about your account information through your “My Account” page. If you would like to request additional data we may have about you (if applicable), please contact us at support[at]calmradio.com (please replace [at] with the @ symbol). In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity. Please allow 7-10 business days for this information.
- Information Correction and Deletion: If you believe that the information we have about you is incorrect, you can contact us and request us to update it. Any data that is no longer needed for the purposes specified in “Information We Collect And Why” will be deleted. If at any point you wish for us to delete information about you, you can email us at support[at]calmradio.com (please replace [at] with the @ symbol).
If you have questions about your privacy or information we have about you, please contact us at support[at]calmradio.com (please replace [at] with the @ symbol).
All About Cookies
Your browser has a standard feature called cookies. Among other things, cookies are the often-used “Remember Me” button, enabling you to log-in, and to store your preferences and settings, last channel listened choice, and membership status. Cookies may collect technical data such as URL information, type of device, browser type and version, OS version, Unique Device ID or Identifiers, IP address, network connection, and language.
International Privacy Laws
We will correspond with you on essential information regarding your account and services as required or requested by you.
Calm Radio may email newsletters that inform you of helpful health tips, updates to new channels, services, features, special discount, and offers. You can unsubscribe or update your email subscription preferences by clicking on the “subscription preferences” link at the bottom of our optional newsletter emails, or by sending us a request at support[at]calmradio.com (please replace [at] with the @ symbol).
How We Protect Your Information
Calm Radio has many security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of any information under our control.
For sensitive financial data such as credit card data, all orders are transmitted over secure Internet connections using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology. Your raw credit card information is never stored on our site and can never be seen by Calm Radio or any of its employees. Credit Card data is always sent by SSL encryption and stored with our PCI Level 1 Secure Merchant Processor. Any subsequent recurring billing orders will be generated via tokenization from the Merchant Processor.
All of your non-financial personal information and sign-in are stored in a highly encrypted format at all times. Calm Radio’s website data, and more importantly all user information, is further protected by a multi-layer firewall based security system.
Personal and financial information may be collected, stored, and shared with essential third-party applications, organizations, or partners that help us analyze and operate our business. These third party entities may help us with appropriate payment processing, protection of your private information, and security of our website, servers, applications, and user data.