The design behind all my latest Apple apps feature our advanced Multimix technology and include background videos not found anywhere. - Eric Harry
Calm Radio's New IOS App Features
- Add up to 3 additional Atmosphere channels to create your own Multimix
- Choose stunning background videos
- Track skip
- Accessibility for visually-impaired
- Sleep timer
- HD 320K audio
- Available for IOS 9.1 and above
IOS App Quickstart
- Download our free Apple IOS app from the Apple App Store. (Search Calm Radio)
- After the app has fully downloaded, select and open the blue icon on your device's Home screen
- You now have two options, Listen Free or Login. To Login, please purchase a Calm Radio membership
- Next, swipe up or down to see available categories, and swipe left or right view available channels.
- Select to any channel to start playing
- You will now be taken to the Now Playing view. You can tap the album cover to see the song information at any time.
When you press the "+" icon, you can add an Atmosphere channel, to enhance your music track and create a Multimix
This feature allows you to set the background with a wide array of stunning videos while you play.
Various Settings are found here. Like audio quality choices, port 80 switch and log in.
In the Broadcast menu icon, you will find any in-range Airplay-enabled devices or Chromecast-enabled devices. You can then send the audio output to any of the enabled devices.
Similar to using Bluetooth, Airplay will connect any Airplay-enabled devices when in-range.
For using Airplay, please visit our Airplay support page here: AIRPLAY
Our Calm Radio app is also equipped to be compatible with Chromecast. Once Chromecast is installed on your phone / tablet, and the Chromecast dobgle is plugged into the back of your TV, you can stream from our app to your TV by simply selecting the Chromecast icon in our app.
Our Chromecast-enabled apps feature a collection of stunning background videos to choose from while you listen.
For more information on setting up Chromecast, please visit our Chromecast support page here.
If your device is losing connectivity due to either:
- inconsistent or slow wifi / data
- mobile signal is switching between towers
- mobile data is switching between 3G and 4G
We highly recommend you enter the Calm Radio app's Settings menu and reduce the audio quality setting to either Normal or Mobile.
If you phone or app has for any reason stopped working or is frozen, it is advisable to perform a hard reset of your device. This is a safe and harmless procedure and will not result in loss of data.
To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
Closing Background Apps
Your device may have too may applications open in the background memory which can cause your device to stall or slow down resulting in poor performance. Close as many apps as possible if your device response is slow.
View Open Apps. Double-click the Home button to reveal your open apps. Swipe sideways to see more. To switch to another app, tap it. On iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, press the left edge of the screen, then swipe right to switch apps.
Close an app. If an app isn’t working properly, you can force it to quit. Swipe the app up from the app switcher display. Then try opening the app again.
Here is a helpful YouTube video that shows you how to remove running apps https://youtu.be/7eFB45uhU_c
Update your IOS
Your Apple device needs to be always up-to-date. For many reasons like security, new features, you should always check and perform requested IOS updates.
If in doubt, delete the Calm Radio by pressing and holding for 2 seconds then delete. Reinstall your app directly from the App Store. Download our free Apple IOS apps from the Apple App Store.