To enhance your Calm Radio listening experience, our SAMSUNG and LG Smart TV apps are available for members and free listeners.
Download our free app from the SAMSUNG Smart Apps store or the LG App Store directly on your Smart TV.
If you are a member, simply login to enjoy full HD audio and commercial-free listening.
The design behind all my latest Calm Radio app features our advanced custom Multimix technology, and include background videos not found anywhere. - Eric Harry
Calm Radio’s New SAMSUNG TV App Features
- Add up to 3 additional Nature Sound layers, to create your Multimix *
- Track skip *
- HD 320K audio *
- Equalizer feature for tailoring sound *
- Choose stunning background videos (or calming still images)
- 375+ channels and growing weekly
* starred features are for Premium members only
SAMSUNG TV App Quickstart
- Download our free SAMSUNG TV app from the SAMSUNG App Store. (Search "Calm Radio" exactly.)
- After the app has fully downloaded and installed to the TV, press the HOME button on your remote, and then navigate to the Apps section. Open the blue CALM RADIO icon which should now be in your list of available apps on the TV.
- Sign in, or Sign up for an account (Press Sign In / Sign Up).
- The app will start on the MUSIC menu and will display the current channels. It will also show your FAVORITE channels, for easy access.
- To SEARCH for a channel, simply log on to www.calmradio.com and go to the MUSIC menu, where you can SEARCH and then FAVORITE a channel and it will show up across all of your devices, in your FAVORITED channels (see below #1, #6 for FAVORITED channels).
- Choose any channel to start playing.
- The app will present the NOW PLAYING section (seen in the diagram below). You can also see song information in the middle of the screen.
#1 - FAVORITE This Channel
Use the STAR-SHAPED icon to add the currently playing channel to your FAVORITES section in the MUSIC menu, for easy recall of your favorites
#2 - SETTINGS Menu
- Select AUDIO QUALITY (lower this to fix dropouts while playing)
- LOG OUT of the app
#3 - NATURE SOUNDS (Multimixer)
To ADD a layer:
- Start playing a channel
- Click on the plus (+) icon on the bottom left of the NOW PLAYING screen (#4 from the NOW PLAYING diagram at the top of this page)
- Choose one layer (up to 3 layers can be chosen, one at a time via the NOW PLAYING page)
- The chosen layer will start playing alongside the music. Volume for each layer can be controlled via the volume icons at the bottom of the page (Low/Mid/High)
- Adjust the volume faders (sliders) of each layer to taste
- Continue to add more layers, and enjoy creating ambient atmospheres.
To REMOVE a layer:
- Click the plus (+) symbol (which will now have a number between 1 and 3 on it) while playing your music, and you will see the layers also playing
- Go to the layer to remove, and click the "X" symbol that appears to the right of the layer
Let your creative instincts paint your own Multimix.
- Try adding different tonalities, high and low, for example, add some Birds for the high frequencies, Whales for the middle-frequency spectrum. Or try designing an "Outer Space" environment, using Earth, Delta Waves, and Submarine. Your imagination is the limit!
- * note: if you are on this page because your music has certain unwanted sounds while playing your Calm Radio channel, please check the layers (+) first to be sure that only your music is playing
#4 - MUSIC Menu
- Choose from all of our channels, divided into GENRES and then sub-categories for ease of navigation.
- FAVORITED CHANNELS are here as well, so if you like a channel and click the "STAR" icon (#1 in the first picture), it will show up here.
- To search for a channel, go to www.calmradio.com, login, and then go to the Music menu, search and find the channel you are looking for, and then FAVORITE it and it will show up in your FAVORITES list here.
#5 - BACKGROUND VIDEO selection menu
You can select from beautiful moving video backgrounds to enhance your listening experience.
If your device is losing connectivity due to inconsistent or slow wifi/data, we highly recommend you enter the Calm Radio app’s Settings menu and reduce the audio quality setting.
Update your SAMSUNG TV
Your SAMSUNG device's operating system should be kept up-to-date. For many reasons, like security and new functionality, you should always check and perform requested SAMSUNG TV updates.