For open source Linux based audiophile distributions utilizing the MPD (Music Player Daemon) server, such as Volumio, RuneAudio, MoodeOS or Archphile, which run on various mini-PC hardware, Raspberry Pi or other single-board computers, the Calm Radio commercial-free membership channels can be added to the device using the custom URLs which are generated for each subscriber.
The procedure for MoodeOS running on a Raspberry Pi is described below as an example:
- First, please visit the My Account (https://calmradio.com/myaccount) menu at the extreme top of the website. There, you can download or email the list of customized URLs you will need to enter into your device.
- In the browser on the device you are using as remote control (laptop or smartphone), enter the URL or IP address of your MoodeOS Player running on the Raspberry Pi.
- Navigate to the Browse tab at the bottom of the screen and then to the RADIO folder on the screen you’ll see after that.
- Click the context menu button of any already existing radio station and choose the Create new station menu item.
- In the “Create radio station” popup window enter the Calm Radio station name in the Station name field and the appropriate customized URL in the Station URL field, copying it from the list you have acquired in step 1.
- Click the Add Station button. You now have the new Calm Radio station in the radio stations list of your device and you can listen to it in the usual manner.
- Repeat steps 4-6 for each Calm Radio station you wish to add.